The new performance upgrade will be featured on the following early 2013 models and each 2013 model going forward. Additionally, owners of existing models that feature MyFord Touch will have the opportunity to upgrade their system, free of charge.
2013 Edge, 2013 Escape, 2013 Explorer, 2013 Flex, and 2013 Taurus that are factory-equipped with new system.
2011/2012 Edge, 2011/2012 Explorer, and 2012 Focus. Owners of these models will be sent the software upgrade on a USB drive along with instructions. They can very easily update their system by inserting the drive into the vehicle USB port and following the instructions, or they can also schedule a maintenance appointment. Customers with the optional Navigation System will also receive a new SD card that includes updated maps.
FASTER/IMPROVED VOICE RECOGNITION
Touch and voice response are at least two times faster than with the earlier system. Enhancements include:
- Music requests are simpler by removing the need to include the additional song, album or artist information often found at the end of a name in (parentheses) or [brackets]
- Customers can find their favorite sports team in action via new SiriusXM² Game Finder simply by saying a command such as “Tune to Cincinnati Bengals game”
- Automatic Bluetooth®³ connection upon vehicle entry has been improved
- Tablet device compatibility. Music and other media content from most popular tablet computers like the Apple iPad®¹ can now be accessed through a simple USB connection
- Audible.com audiobook support. Listen to Audible.com content using voice commands or the easy-to-use touch-screen controls
- Removed fore/aft movement of driver/passenger controls
- Smart routing options are provided based on a database of historical traffic patterns
Fuller Ford offers MyFord Touch classes the second Saturday of every month. The class is designed to help owners that have this feature on their vehicles become both familiar and comfortable with all that SYNC has to offer.
The class will also demonstrate how to pair your phone with the SYNC system. More importantly, we will troubleshoot any problems that you may be experiencing with your system. For more information on Fuller Ford’s MyFord Touch classes, call Chuck Bryant at (513) 352-5800 x 57.
Fuller Ford’s friendly sales and service staff can help you with all of your Ford SYNC questions. Fuller Ford is the Cincinnati Tri-State Region’s leader for the hottest, cutting-edge, most fuel efficient vehicles available. Whether you are coming from Ohio, Kentucky, or Indiana, we are conveniently located right off of I-75, just west of downtown Cincinnati. Check us out on the web at http://www.fullerisford.com.