An all-new Truck App in Ford F-Series features an industry-first in truck technology – a software application for safe and easy towing and off-roading.
With more than 50 percent of F-Series owners regularly towing a trailer, Ford developed the first application to walk drivers through the proper trailer connection process, among many other features.
The Truck App is available on F-Series’ class-exclusive LCD instrument cluster screen, a beefier version of the driver information display where traditional stats on fuel economy, vehicle settings and trip tracking also live.
“The 4.2-inch LCD productivity screen presents detailed information in an engaging, easy-to-use manner so customers get the most out of their Ford trucks for work and for play,” said Joseph Fodera, cluster applications engineer.
A checklist asks drivers a set of questions to help ensure the trailer is connected properly:
- Ball coupler connected and locked?
- Tongue jack raised?
- Mirrors adjusted?
- Electrical wiring connected?
- Lights functioning correctly (running lights, left/right turn and brake lights)?
- Trailer Brake Controller gain setting adjusted?
- Wheel chocks removed?
- Safety chains connected?
For those who own multiple trailers, Truck App allows drivers to name each trailer and collect and store accumulated mileage for each – for up to 10 different trailers, displaying helpful information such as accumulated miles for a particular unit, trailer brake gain (with available integrated brake controller) and output.
The Truck App also caters to the off-road enthusiast with unique information screens such as pitch-and-roll, which shows the angle of surface incline, the degree of tilt and steering angle.
The app on the F-150 SVT Raptor includes a specific screen that shows the status of Hill Descent Control™, off-road mode and the 4×4 system.
In addition to the Truck App software application, the more traditional screen menus include:
- Gauge mode – includes real-time temperature transmission oil
- Trip A/B – includes trip time and mileage information and tracks two trips
- Fuel economy – tracks fuel consumption history and offers selectable displays for efficiency in miles to empty, average and instantaneous
- Settings – allows the customer to turn features on or off, change autolamp time, set trailer brake setting and monitor oil life
- Information – provides management of the MyKey® feature, a system check screen and key system warnings for trailer sway control, Hill Descent Control and Tire Pressure Monitoring System
The F-150 productivity screen is standard on all FX2/FX4, Lariat, King Ranch and Platinum models. It is also available on XLT as part of the XLT Convenience Package.
Click here for a video that illustrates the features of the new Truck Apps for F-Series.
As always, Fuller Ford offers Lifetime Free Oil Changes on ALL new vehicle purchases – in stock or factory ordered. This includes the entire Super Duty line-up! Fuller Ford is the Cincinnati Tri-State Region’s truck leader. Whether you are coming from Ohio, Kentucky, or Indiana, we are conveniently located right off of I-75, just west of downtown Cincinnati. Fuller Ford can help you with all your Super Duty towing questions and needs! Check out our entire inventory at www.fullerisford.com.