Let’s start with some basics. EcoBoost combines two technologies that optimize air and fuel delivery, providing impressive power and efficiency. Those technologies are turbocharging (air) and direct injection (fuel).
- The more air an engine breathes, the more power it generates
- Turbochargers make use of otherwise wasted energy from the engine’s exhaust to rotate turbine wheels
- Coupled to a compressor, the turbine wheels pressurize exhaust air coming into the engine, in turn, creating more power
Turbocharging benefits include:
- Compact design and low Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH)
- Virtually no “lag”- turbos now will spool up faster than before, enabling EcoBoost engines to reach peak power faster than earlier designs
- Drivers will feel an immediate response when they step on the accelerator
DIRECT INJECTION (FUEL)
- Direct injection helps provide a great balance of both performance and fuel economy
- A cam-driven high-pressure fuel pump increases the fuel pressure delivered to the engine to between 200 and 2150 pounds per square inch (psi)
- Direct injection moves the pressurized fuel to solenoid-controlled, high-pressure injectors located in the combustion chamber of each cylinder
- The high-pressure injectors manage the precise timing and intensity of the fuel delivery, based on driver demand
The new EcoBoost engine technology can be found in the 2011 Taurus Sho, 2011 Flex, and the 2011 F-150. Fuller Ford can help you find the most fuel efficient vehicle to fit your individual needs. As always, Fuller Ford offers Lifetime Free Oil Changes on ALL new vehicle purchases – in stock or factory ordered. Whether you are coming from Ohio, Kentucky, or Indiana, we are conveniently located right off of I-75, just west of downtown Cincinnati. Come in today to see Ford’s entire line of fuel efficient vehicles. Or, check out our inventory at www.fullerisford.com.