Ford has a true commitment to maximizing the use of environmentally friendly materials. Today, we use a number of recycled materials to produce a variety of parts and materials used in our vehicles. And, as we create new materials, we work to ensure that they are both renewable and recyclable. This “reduce, reuse and recycle” commitment is part of our broader global sustainability strategy to reduce our environmental footprint and accelerate the global development of advanced fuel-efficient vehicle technologies. Some of the green materials Ford is using include:
- Soy-based polyurethane foams in seat cushions, seatbacks and headliners
- Post-consumer plastics and recycled resins (such as detergent bottles, tires and battery casings) in underbody systems, including splash shields and radiator air deflector shields
- Other post-industrial material – Escape Hybrid and XLT feature sustainable cloth-trimmed seating made from 100 percent post-industrial materials, recycled plastics and polyester fibers that would have otherwise ended up in landfills
FORD’S COMMITMENT TO ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY
Ford Motor Company is committed to bringing our customers affordable, fuel-efficient and environmentally responsible cars and trucks. The following list is just a few of the ways that Ford is already doing this:
- Advanced powertrain technologies such as Ti-VCT, EcoBoost and 6-speed transmissions will enable Ford to deliver class-leading fuel economy in a variety of segments going forward. Plans call for an EcoBoost engine to be available in 90 percent of North American nameplates by 2013.
- Ford has committed $1 billion to build hybrid, plug-in hybrid and all-electric vehicles as well as a plant that will assemble battery packs for these vehicles. Over the next several months you will begin to hear a lot more about our full range of progressive technologies coming to market. See the Technology tab on fordvehicles.com for the latest information
- Ford is again teaming up with Microsoft to implement the Microsoft Hohm energy management application for our upcoming vehicles. Microsoft Hohm is designed to help owners determine when and how to most efficiently and affordably recharge all-electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles while also helping utility companies manage the added demands these vehicles may place on the electric grid
- Building on the success in measuring and reducing our carbon footprint, we plan to survey 35 top global suppliers on their energy use and estimated greenhouse gas emissions. The goal is to better understand the carbon footprint of our supply chain and use the data to eventually create a broad-based carbon management approach for our suppliers
2010 ENERGY STAR AWARD
We are very pleased to share that Ford Motor Company was awarded the 2010 Energy Star Award for Sustained Excellence from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). 2010 is the fifth straight year that Ford Motor Company has received this prestigious award.
Fuller Ford can help you find the most fuel efficient vehicle to fit your individual needs. As always, Fuller Ford offers Lifetime Free Oil Changes on ALL new vehicle purchases – in stock or factory ordered. Fuller Ford is the Cincinnati Tri-State Region’s leader for the hottest, cutting-edge, most fuel efficient vehicles available. Whether you are coming from Ohio, Kentucky, or Indiana, we are conveniently located right off of I-75, just west of downtown Cincinnati. Come in today to see Ford’s entire line of fuel efficient vehicles. Or, check out our inventory at www.fullerisford.com.