The Ford Transit Connect has quickly gained a reputation for its flexible balance of capacity and fuel efficiency. Transit Connect has already proven itself in Europe and redefined the market for light-duty cargo vans there. Since its introduction in Europe in 2003, it’s won numerous awards and was named International Van of the Year. Now Transit Connect has done the same here in the U.S. over the last year. No other vehicle in the American market delivers the combination of capability and fuel economy offered by Transit Connect. That is why it was named 2010 North American Truck of the Year at this year’s North American International Auto Show in Detroit. With the exit of the Chevy Astro, GMC Safari and the Freestar Cargo Van from the market, Transit Connect is the only light-duty commercial Van in the country. There is NO competition! Choose Transit Connect Wagon if your business requires all hands on board, with room for 4 in XL trim, or 5 in XLT. Both models feature flip-and-fold second-row seats for ultimate versatility. Transit Connect is your opportunity to grow your business. These are just a few of the types of businesses that Transit Connect can help serve: caterer, baker, florist, cable provider, dry cleaner, light construction, courier, home appliance repair, computer repair, security systems, parcel delivery, pest control, janitorial service and taxi (see story on Transit Connect Taxi).
WHAT IS PURPOSE-BUILT?
Purpose-built means Transit Connect is designed to meet the needs of small business owners who take pride in what they do and want to express that pride and their business image through their vehicles. Purpose-built means Transit Connect is right-sized, customizable, efficient, dependable and professional. This vehicle is designed to be customized for a wide variety of vocations with virtually endless upfitter possibilities!
TRANSIT CONNECT HIGHLIGHTS
- 39 ft. (curb to curb) turning diameter
- Low 6 ft. 8 in. roof clearance (lower than a full-size van)
- Dual sliding side doors
- Dual swing-open rear cargo doors open to a wide 180 degrees
- Optional 255 degree rear door hinges
- Maximum cargo space (Van: 135.3 cu. ft. / Wagon: 78.1 cu. ft. behind second-row seat, 118.7 cu. ft. with second-row seat folded forward)
- 6 ft. loadfloor length behind the front seat for long items
- More than 4.5 ft. of cargo area height and width for tall and/or wide items
- Low 23.1 in. load height for convenient loading and unloading
- 1600 lbs maximum payload capacity
- Large exterior panels provide advertising space for owners to display graphics
- 4-speed automatic transmission with overdrive
- Best-in-class EPA-estimated 22mpg city/25mpg highway
- Duratec 2.0 I-4 engine
- Front-wheel drive
- 136 horsepower@6300 rpm; 128 lb.-ft. of torque@4750 rpm
- Timing chain instead of a belt helps improve engine durability
As always, Fuller Ford offers Lifetime Free Oil Changes on ALL new vehicle purchases – in stock or factory ordered. This includes the Transit Connect! Fuller Ford is the Cincinnati Tri-State Region’s commercial truck leader. Whether you are coming from Ohio, Kentucky, or Indiana, we are conveniently located right off of I-75, just west of downtown Cincinnati. Check out our entire Transit Connect inventory at http://www.fullerisford.com/transit-connect.aspx.