The Ford Transit Connect Taxi will go into production and arrive in dealerships later this year as a 2011 model, adding to Ford Motor Company’s leadership in the North American taxi market. Not only does the Transit Connect Taxi standout, but it truly is a standout. The Transit Connect Taxi offers an outstanding interior package for people and cargo. With its open architecture, the taxi provides excellent interior headroom and passenger visibility.
NEW FACTORY-DIRECT TAXI PACKAGE
Ford Motor Company has turned the Transit Connect, 2010 North American Truck of the Year, into a one-of-a-kind taxi that pushes versatility boundaries. In addition to easy-access, configurable luggage space and unique vertical architecture, there’s ample passenger room. The new Transit Connect Taxi Package is assembled right at the plant – quality-assured and prepped for modifications.
DURABLE + CAPABLE = RELIABLE
Make no mistake, the Transit Connect Taxi is Built Ford Tough. It’s certified to Ford Light Commercial Vehicle Durability Standards. Suspension components and underbody structure passed requirements for potholes and curbs. That’s why cities and municipalities already recognize Transit Connect Taxi’s advantages. Saying the 2011 Ford Transit Connect Taxi “fits the bill,” the city of Boston (see related story on Transit Connect Taxi in Boston) recently became the first municipality in America to approve the versatile cab for taxi use.
Fuel economy for the Transit Connect Taxi is best in class (small cargo vans): a combined 23 mpg (22 city/25 highway). Because taxi operators also asked for a version that runs on alternative fuels, Ford is offering new engine prep packages that allow conversions to both compressed natural gas (CNG) and liquefied propane gas (LPG). Both CNG and LPG lower taxi fleets’ operating costs and are better for the environment (see related story on Transit Connect Taxi’s alternative fuel advantage). When it comes to maneuverability, the 39-foot turning radius takes the hassle out of tight spots. Ford’s Transit Connect Taxi meets the rigors of today’s taxi market.
HERE’S WHAT YOU GET
- Re-positioned rear seat provides an additional 3 inches of leg room for second-row passengers (as compared to the base Transit Connect)
- Easy-clean, vinyl-trimmed interior with heavy-duty flooring
- Climate-controlled ventilation for second row
- Sliding glass windows for second row
- Glass windows for rear cargo area and 50/50 rear barn doors
- AdvanceTrac with RSC (Roll Stability Control)
- Heavy-duty battery
- Wiring Upfit Package
- Engine Prep Packages for conversion to compressed natural gas (CNG) or propane
(LPG – liquefied petroleum gas)
- Reverse Sensing System
- Roof-access hole for signage/advertising
- School Buss Yellow finish
DIMENSIONS AND CAPACITIES
- Rear door opening width at floor 50.2
- Rear door opening height 52.1
- Side door opening height 46.9
- Maximum cargo height 59.1
- Loadfloor height (at curb weight) 23.1
- Maximum cargo length at floor 81.0
- Floor width at wheelhouse 48.1
- Side door opening width 28.1
- Frozen White
- School Bus Yellow
- Dark Blue
- Silver Metallic
- Panther Black Metallic
Fuller Ford anxiously awaits the arrival of the new 2011 Transit Connect Taxi later this year. As always, Fuller Ford offers Lifetime Free Oil Changes on ALL new vehicle purchases – in stock or factory ordered. This includes the Transit Connect Taxi! Fuller Ford is the Cincinnati Tri-State Region’s commercial truck leader. Whether you are coming from Ohio, Kentucky, or Indiana, we are conveniently located right off of I-75, just west of downtown Cincinnati. Check out our entire inventory of Transit Connects at www.fullerisford.com.